Unlock Your USB Pen Drive at College And Office: How to Unlock Your Pen Drive at College And Office?
If you insert your pen drive in your university or office, you may face trouble to open your pen drive. After inserting the pen drive you may see the picture like the right side. There you may see a notification like Found new hardware, USB Mass Storage Device, please install drivers for it. Then after some moments, you will also see the message like Windows will now show a New Hardware Wizard to install the drivers. But after all, you are not able to open your pen drive. This page contains the information to unlock your pen drive or to open your pen drive at university or office.
The administrator of your office or university, can disable your pen drive in many ways like the following methods:
- By disabling USB ports
- By uninstalling USB Mass Storage Devices
- By changing the values of USB Mass Storage Devices
Remember, to unlock or to open your pen drive, you must have administrative rights on the computer on which you are trying to open or to unlock your pen drive. Follow the following sections to unlock or open your pen drive.
How to enable or unlock USB ports to open your pen drive
If USB ports are disabled, you aren't able to open your pen drive. To enable it, follow the following steps:
- Click on Start menu and then click on Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- After opening "Device Manager", click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers. You may see there are small cross marks on "USB Universal Host Controller". This means the USB ports are disabled by the computer administrator. Right click on those and click on Enable to enable your pen drive.
After finishing the above steps, your pen drive will be unblock soon. Now you may open your pen drive easily in your university or office computer.
How to install the USB Mass Storage Drives
Sometimes, the USB Mass Storage Drives are not installed. For this type of situation, you have to install the drivers. When you insert your pen drive, windows will launch Hardware Update Wizard. If you have drivers, you can easily install the drivers. Follow the following steps to install USB Mass Storage Drivers:
- From the Hardware Update Wizard, click on Install from a list of specific location (Advanced) and click on Next.
- Now, give the location where the divers located by the Browse button.
- After finished installation, restart your computer.
NOTE: During the installation time, Windows may give you a warning message like ....has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP...., And there are two buttons : Continue Anyway and STOP Installation. Click on Continue Anyway to complete installation.
By following the above methods you can easily unlock pen drive at your university campus or at office.
© Written by rancidTaste
More by this Author
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.