Changing older Holiday articles?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I'm full of techie questions today! I've noticed that many people now are looking at articles I wrote in my websites about last years Holiday events at the theme parks here in Orlando.

I assume it's because they think those are for this year. But those events change each year, like Halloween Horror nights at Universal.

So I thought of putting a link in the top of those articles to the new ones for this year. I'm sure they would like that, and I would not look like I did not know what I was talking about if they think those older articles are for this year.

But could that hurt my ranking that those articles have? Or perhaps help them and my newer ones? hmm

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I think you could put in a link to the updated event and explain the the article contains details pertaining to 2009... or whatever.
    It might hurt the ranking a bit, but otherwise it could be misleading, as you said.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I already put a little blurb and link to the new one in the older ones. I'll do that with all of this year's new Holiday articles. The old ones get a lot of views because of their age.

So this way I get page to page backlinks and help my viewers. Can't see how it would really hurt them. smile