20 Fun & Interesting Facts about China
1. The Current Chinese government seized power in 1949 created the new communist china
2. China was the first place that actual paper was invented
3. China invented wood block printing before the printing press was widely available
4. The great wall of China is one of the ancient wonders of the world
5. China produces more silk than any other country in the world
6. China named the panda a national treasure in 1965
7. China has the largest population on earth more than 1.3 billion people
8. One famous sport for children is cricket fighting many children keep them as pets
9. Instead of wearing the traditional black to funerals in china it is customary to wear white
10. On September 27, 2008, Zhai Zhigang made the first spacewalk by a Chinese astronaut
11. Chinese is spoken by 92% of China’s population. There are at least seven major families of the Chinese language, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Wu, Hakka, Gan, Xiang, and Min
12. In ancient china the locust was seen as a symbol of purity by many Buddhist and Daoist
13. Suspension bridges date back to 25 B.C. and were first used in china before they were ever known in the west
14. The longest river in China is 3,494-mile it is called the Yangtze
15. The Chinese
lunar calendar is the oldest calendar in the world dating back to 2600 B.C
16. The 2008 Olympic games in china were the most expensive on record costing china over $40 billion
17. In ancient china mirrors were considered sacred protecting their owners and reveling evil spirits that may have haunted them
The Boxer Rebellion between 1898 and 1901 in northern China was against Christian missionaries, foreign diplomats, and technology by a secret group called the “Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists because the members practiced weaponless martial arts as well as secret rituals. Westerns called it “shadow boxing” and the members “Boxers”
18. During WW2 Shanghai was the first port to open its doors to Jews fleeing the third Reich
19. Zhang Heng was the first person in the world to invent a machine to monitor earthquake activity
20. The number one hobby in China is Stamp collecting
- Bizarre Buildings Around the World: Beijing National Stadium (Beijing, China)
Bizarre Buildings Around the World
- Fairy Walking Bridge, Mt. Huang China
Buried deep in the mountains of Xihai Grand Canyon, in huangshan China this little secret escape is a wonder to the eye.
More by this Author
Taiwan is a country located in the southeast portion of the Asian continent in the western pacific. This tiny country has bountiful woman that are ready to fall in love. Taiwanese woman are known for their beauty high...
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...