20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Pennsylvania
1. Pennsylvania is the first state to take a hold of the newest technology to keep people informed. They were the first to implement their website on their new license plates.
2. The first baseball stadium to be built in Pennsylvania Was built in Pittsburg in 1909
3. The great echolocate is made in Hershey Pennsylvania. It is home to the Hershey’s chocolate factory.
4. The first auto service station was opened in Pittsburg to help serve the growing population of automobiles in 1913.
5. In 1946 during the eclipse of the world war many experiments were going on in and around Pennsylvania. It is considered the home of the first computer that was made.
6. The grandfather of weightlifting invented the barbells in 1932. He was a big supporter of eating healthy and working out to maintain maximum benefits to your body.
7. The first daily newspaper was established in the capital of Philadelphia in 1784.
8. Pennsylvania is a colder climate so having a zoo to be able to hold animals and plants not native to the area went through some serious challenges. However, they were overcome, and the first zoological garden was opened in 1874.
9. People do not often think that the oil industry started in the north. It actually started in Pennsylvania, Titusville to be exact. Today stands a well in the persons honor in brining petroleum to the world. It is now the number one resource in the world consumed by the human population.
10. One of the weirdest laws still on the books in Pennsylvania is that a professor or lecturer is not allowed to sip on a beverage with a straw while lecturing students in a school auditorium.
11. The first piano was built in Pennsylvania in 1775 by John Behrent. He registered it under the name of Piano Forte.
12. The first mansion ever built for a president was built in Pennsylvania. It was a testament for the great honor, it was of the position.
13. The first American flag was created by Betsy Ross in Pennsylvania. It consisted of 13 stars to represent the 12 colonies.
14. The first police chief in Pennsylvania was in Steward Township. His first act of duty was to keep the lights burning at night. In 1876
15. The longest stone archway bridge in the country is found in Rockville, Pennsylvania
16. Kennett Square in Pennsylvania is known as the mushroom capital of the world.
17. Te most famous thing that Pennsylvania is known for being the signing of the declaration of independence in 1776. The colonies officially declared they are no longer under the legal authority of Great Britain.
18. The first radio broadcast with commercials was sent from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the FDKA radio station.
19. The liberty bell this year is over 100 years old. It is located in the center of Freedom town square in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20. Pennsylvania is the only original colony that had no direct access or border to the Atlantic Ocean it was essentially land locked.
More by this Author
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...