Vacation on Best Beaches in the South
Southern Beaches to Visit Vacation Cloose to Home
The 10 best beaches in the South are beautiful places to spend time. The weather is warm a large part of the year in the South making beaches fun to sun on and great for taking long walks on romantic evenings with that special someone. Beaches in the South are a popular destination for travelers from around the world.
1. The GulfCoast. Hotels and Condos are scattered along the beach with many having views directly toward the beach. The hot white sand shows grass in areas giving the feeling of an island refuge. Alabama’s main sector of the beach is located less than 4 hours from Birmingham, Alabama.
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In the early years Myrtle Beach was not visited by many people, it was just a place along the ocean with a few camps and people passing through from time to time. But now Myrtle Beach is a favorite Southern stop with a shoreline of sanded miles. Fishing and golfing are some of the main attractions of this beach area.
3. Daytona Beach. Daytona is one of the few beaches in the United States that can actually be driven upon. There is a small parking fee but well worth the convenience, but be careful not to stay there, the tide will, roll in. Sand and surf are waiting on this beautiful beach, enjoy sailing, scuba diving, and ice cream. Lounge, ride bicycles, wind surf or water ski.
4. Bill Baggs Cape FloridaState Park, Key Biscayne Florida. Take in miles of breathtaking scenery just waiting to indulge your holiday thirst. Tour the lighthouse, picnic areas, and enjoy the beach at this key Biscayne, Florida Park. If fishing is what you enjoy stand along the seawall of Biscayne Bayne. Located at 1200 S Crandon Boulevard Key Biscayne, Florida33149 (305) 361-5811.
5. Orange Beach, Florida. A quiet beach town with lots of palm trees and lovely wide streets located a whisper from the Florida shoreline. A charming place with beautiful beaches, making you feel as welcome as early morning sunshine.
6. Siesta Beach, SarasotaFlorida. A tropical paradise on the mainland of Florida where accommodations are convenient to shopping and nightlife. Siesta beach is a romantic haven and has something for the party crowd. Among the 10 best beaches in the South, SiestaBeach is extraordinarily beautiful.
7. Destin, Florida. Searching for the top 10 best beaches in the South you will find Destin Florida. The area is beautifully picturesque, a great place for sailing or sightseeing. Bring scuba gear, camera equipment and prepare for a treat. Lodging is readily available; condos can be rented for the week or pick a lovely hotel stay.
8. Beach Walker Park, Kiawah Park, South Carolina. A different beach experience, travel back to nature in this beach park. Not only does the park have great beaches it is a refuge for a variety of birds and other wildlife. This park takes your beach visit that extra mile on your visit to the 10 best beaches in the South.
9. South Padre Island, Texas. This island getaway has a beautiful beach with close stretching coastline proximity to more sunning and swimming. This beach is a huge spring break destination. In the search for the 10 best beaches in the South, SouthPadreBeach is held in high esteem. South Padre Island is located on a gorgeous stretch of beach with miles gorgeous sand.
10. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Enjoy seafood festivals and golf along with beaches and lots of water sports. Visit sea side restaurants and soak up the atmosphere of southern hospitality. A historical resort town located off interstate 278.
The 10 best beaches in the South are great places to visit anytime of the year, steeped in history the beaches of the South make a great visit any time of the year.
What is your favorite beach?
What is your favorite beach?See results without voting
More by this Author
- 4Emotional Crisis - I lost $100,000 in investments - the money which was to secure my future - i am...
People go through changes everyday, some go into depression.
Hot issues always irritate people the wrong way and tempers flare. However, like disease, there is a root cause and until that root is found and cured there is no true solution to the problem.
Visiting a night club sitting there as a patron and watching this very confident person moving across the room. Who is this person? The persona is quiet and in control. This is the Bouncer,