San Francisco Ghosts and Vampires: 5 Scary San Francisco Tours
If you aren’t afraid of getting a little bit afraid then there are some tours in San Francisco that you might think about taking. We’ve got ghosts, vampires and some terrifying history here in the Bay Area and if you want to learn more about them we’ve also got the guides that can tell you. In addition to learning about the haunting history of the city, you’ll also get to see some new parts of San Francisco that you might not have ever explored before. It’s fun whether you are a tourist or a San Francisco resident.
Here are five tours to take if you want to find out what’s out there.
1. Haunted Haight Walking Tour. Is San Francisco haunted? Many people say that it is. One of the specific areas of the city that is reportedly home to ghosts is the hippie Haight. This tour takes you through the Haight neighborhood and reveals information to you about the ghosts that are said to haunt the area. You don’t actually go into any buildings but it’s a neat tour providing you with a lot of information about this rich San Francisco neighborhood and the scary stuff that people say happens there.
2. San Francisco Ghost Hunt Walking Tour. If you really want to learn about the ghosts that haunt San Francisco then this is one of the best tours where you can do it. You just show up at the assigned location at 7 p.m. any night of the week and you’ll get your local tour of haunted San Francisco. Many of the ghosts that are discussed on this tour are historic figures that played an important role in San Francisco’s past. So, even if you don’t believe in ghosts, this spooky tour may intrigue you.
3. San Francisco’s Chinatown Ghost Tours. This is another neighborhood that has a really rich history. It also has something of a tragic history that is reflected in the ghost stories that come out of the area. This scary San Francisco tour tells you all about that.
4. San Francisco Vampire Tour. Guide Mina Harker dresses up in full goth regalia and puts on a good show about the history of vampires in San Francisco. It’s a night tour that happens at 8 on Fridays and Saturdays except when it’s raining. This is another tour that has a scary side but is really also very information in terms of supplying you with tidbits of stuff to know about the city of San Francisco.
5. Alcatraz Night Tour. This is the least frightening of the four tours in some ways because it doesn’t focus on being a scary tour. It’s just the history of the small island that was best known for its time as a federal prison, the same basic tour that is given to people who tour the island during the day. The night tour is really more of an evening tour; you aren’t even there after dark. Nevertheless, as the sun starts to go down, it can feel really creepy being in a prison on an island. If you really want to spook yourself then read about the ghosts of Alcatraz prior to going on this tour.
More by this Author
Alcatraz is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world. People ferry over to this old prison to learn about its rich history. Many of them also come because they have heard rumors that this place is...
Golden Gate Park is one of the most popular attractions in San Francisco. If you get a chance to visit the city, you should definitely make it a point to check out this wonderful spot of nature right in the heart...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.