Tips About Airfares
Booking the cheapest airfare is on the many when travelling. After my own search for the cheapest airfares, I have notice several things that may help you achieve your goal.
- You can reduce the airfare round trip price or one way by flying after 9 p.m. In many cases, I found the savings came to as much as $100 per ticket. Granted, you may arrive in the wee early morning hours, but it is cheaper.
- Prices are equally much cheaper (between $50-100) if you avoid flying on weekend days. If you must, use Saturday. Also, airfares seems to be cheaper if you only arrive or depart on one of the weekend days.
- Airfares change day to day on the various websites. I have lost many good opportunities by thinking maybe the price might come down or find a better time by waiting. If you find a flight that is close to what you want in price and times, book it. If you wait a day, odds are it will be gone. The same flight and cost may or may not reappear on another day.
- Until you book a flight, search daily. I used kayak.com to find multiple other travel sites. Most airlines do not offer refunds on booked flights. But some sites, like priceline and bookit, offer insurance that include the ability to cancel a flight and be refunded.
- Book your flight 1 to 2 months before you leave.
- Usually the cheapest days are Mon, Tues., and Wed. After Wednesday, the prices rise.
- Non-stop flights are the most expensive, while having one stop is much cheaper. Having two stops is excessive and is not cheaper than a one stop.
- Bookit.com offers you the ability to cancel for any reason, unlike Priceline, for an additional fee. This allows you to cancel and get most of your airfare back.
Finding the cheapest airfare at the times you want to fly requires time and diligence.
More by this Author
Coming to this area? This is what you need to know.
You can do a lot in ten days time and see the high points of this fantastic state.
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.