Verbier - Switzerland
Are you considering Switzerland as a possible destination for a skiing holiday ? I highly recommend Verbier if you are .It is a beautiful spot not far from Geneva.
I had wanted to visit Switzerland, however on our trip to Europe We passed through Austria instead on the way to Italy & France on the return trip back to Britain.
Much to my delight while I was working in London as a nanny I was informed we were going on a holiday to Verbier Switzerland !
I was so excited even though knew that I would be with the children the whole time I was still seeing a new country that I had been wanting to visit for a long time!
It is a great place for a skiing holiday as well as unwinding on a winter vacation.
There are other activities to enjoy as well while there for those who don't ski.
Map for Verbier
Other Activities at Verbier
Hiking Mountain Biking
Free bike transportation on the ski-lift installations
- Mountain-bike hire in several sports shops
- Golf when in Season
- Indoor golf
- Very varied competition programme during the season.
- Group and private lessons
- Many climbing gardens and equipped routes for both beginners and experienced climbers on the sites of the Val de Bagnes, Pierre Avoi, La Barme, Madzeria (near Mauvoisin), Sembrancher, La Fouly. For information, contact local guides.
- Introductory and advanced lessons courses for children and young people
- 11 open-air courts (polytan, synthetic grass)
- Tennis School and regular tournaments for guests
- River rafting, canyoning, hydro-speed, rap-jump, bridge pendulum, speleology, etc.
- Riding lessons and country rides (horses, ponies)
- Country rides, 1 or 2 day trekking, stopping off at mountain huts Ecurie Dumoulin Olivia, Le Chable.
- In mountain lakes and rivers (compulsory permit on sale in post office)
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Mont Fort Glacier, open from around mid-June to end July
- Mont Fort Summer Camps
- Verbier and the region offer numerous possibilities to suit all tastes, notably: high and middle-range-mountain hikes, high mountain, high mountain trekking, rock and ice climbing, high mountain climbing
- Playground J8
- Max's Little Train (450 m of tracks, scale 1:22) K9
- Climbing wall at La Marmotte
Accommodation in Verbier
Staying in one Verbier Chalets is lovely way to spend your time in Verbier . They are cosy, comfortable & like a home away from home.
The shops, restaurants and Ski fields are all only a walk away from your Chalet.
If there is only one or two of you then you might prefer to stay at the Lodge Verbier.
Chalets in Verbier
Exploring other Areas
While staying at Verbier should you decide to go exploring elsewhere you have the option of taking the cable car down the mountain to meet the train.
There is a coffee shop there to relax in if you are early !
I caught the train to a nearby Town where I had a meal out with some new friends!
Funny enough some of them were staying in Verbier & gave me a ride back up the mountain.
Skiing holiday Verbier
A night view of Verbier
Portes du Soleil Switzerland
Join here for great resort deals
- Resorts360 Vacation Club - Change Your Latitude
Great great discounts for your winter vacation or cruise , car hire and more ! Enjoy 2011 with a great time away !
More by this Author
Are you looking for funny resignation letters to use to resign from your job ? Here is a choice of resignation letters for you.
Do you love the freedom of Independent camping ? Here are some beautiful camping sites like Marys pool, Swans Crossing + more free camp sites to enjoy !Check out this on hubpages.
Are you wondering what things to give to an orphanage ?