- Pets and Animals»
- Circus Animals
Funny interesting facts you might not know about the Elephant
Elephants are the largest land animal in the world. There are lots of interesting facts out there about Elephants which you might not know. I have collected some of the interesting facts about Elephants. In this Hub I am going to share those interesting facts about Elephants. I hope you will enjoy reading this hub.
Interesting facts about elephant
1. Elephants spend most of their time eating food and drinking water. An average size Elephant can eat about 16-22 hours per day on an average. In a day an elephant could drink 80 gallons of water and eat 600 pounds (272 kg) of food. Even the poop of an Elephant is around 80 pounds in weight.
2. The gestation period of an Elephant is 22 moths which is the longest gestation period by a land Mammal. It means an Elephant takes 22 months to give birth a baby Elephant.
3. Elephants are the only animal which cannot jump at all.
4. Elephants do not like to sleep for a long time. On an average elephants sleep 2-4 hours only. Elephants does not like to sleep for a long time because they are afraid of the predators.
5. Elephants are the national animal of Thailand. "Ong-Bak" is a popular Thai action film which was produced based on an Elephant. The film got popular internationally and has received many positive reviews.
6. An Elephant can live up to 70-80 years.
7. The eyesight of an Elephant is very poor.
8. Elephants loves to swim in the water.
9. The trunk of an Elephant can hold 2 gallons of waters. Elephants can drink 4 gallons of water at a time.
10. The trunk of an Elephant does not have any bone. It consists of around 150,000 muscle and nerves.
11. In 1916 a circus Elephant named Mary was killed cruelly by hanging it to a Railroad derrick car. It is considered as one of the horrific event of animal cruelty.
Did you enjoy reading this Hub?
Hope you have enjoyed the above listed facts. Don't forget to rate and post comments below.
You might be interested in reading the following Hubs :