How to Get Over the Death of a Pet Fish
Keeping fish in tanks can make you feel relaxed and composed. It is also a rewarding endeavor since it gives you enormous joy and delight while keeping those dazzling fishes that comes in different shapes, sizes and colors. The behavior of the fishes can make matters more interesting since you’ll be surely glued to your aquariums looking at them relentlessly doing different antics like swimming together in unison, pecking one another, playing and chasing one another all day long. Ah, keeping pet fishes is indeed an engaging and exciting activity. You can even decorate the aquarium according to your liking, temperament and taste. You can have backdrop composed of old wood, plants, empty shells, colorful stones and the like. The pet fishes along with the small swathe of aquatic jungle will makes you feel near with nature. To maintain the fish community, however, you need to feed them regularly and keep the aquarium clean all the time.
The joy in your heart in fish keeping will eventually double if you will see your aquarium look very healthy as the fishes feel at ease with their home, growing and maturing together. A great reward will also be bestowed to fish enthusiasts that can be able to breed the fishes successfully. For hardcore fish collectors great joy will be felt when new species of fish is bought and added to its growing collection.
Since you already spent a lot of time, effort, energy and money, it is such a big disappointment when one of your favorite dishes succumbs to death. The enormous love you provided to your fish is enormous and the loss can be terrible. Loneliness will surely be felt here and there.
Here’s how to cope up with the death of your well-loved aquarium fish:
- Cry this is normal and this will give you sigh of relief although it may sound awkward, wahehehe.
- One of the best ways in overcoming sadness is to buy another pet fish that almost resemble the physical appearance of the dead pet fish that you used to have. This will fill the void left by your dead pet fish.
- Your old dead pet fish is surely irreplaceable you will think of it often in the coming days, but you should move on and it is wise to give yourself and a new pet a chance to be happy, wahehehe. Buying a replacement may have different traits but as time goes by you may begin to love it and eventually make you smile and happy
- Don’t treat this as a big loss but rather a big gain. The experience you had in taking good care is priceless and in a way helped you in making you more adept in keeping pet fishes, besides the pet fish already gave you a lot of delight already.
- Start all over again, you learned great lessons already and for sure you will be a better fish keeper now.
- You may try other pet fishes that you linger to have for years. If you have enough resources and money then why not grab them and add them to your collection.
- Why not try the other rewards of fish keeping like breeding, trying other types of fishes, raising juveniles and discovering a lot of things that pertains to this hobby.
I hope you will feel better now and overcome the death of your pet fish… Thanks a lot for the read and dropping by.
Feel free to give your feedback in the comment section.
My 10th hub in HubChallenge.