- Pets and Animals»
- Cats & Cat Breeds
New Years' Resolutions by the Cats
A Long List
Oh, there is so much to do! And so little time between naps. Nevertheless, I've tried to come up with a list of things for our household of cats to achieve for the New Year. Of course, we are all different ages, so we are not real siblings, but siblings-in-fur, my "brofurs" and "sisfurs," if you will.
Oh, I beg your pardon. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jigsaw Puzzle, Esq., and I am the official spokes-cat for the "Talk With the Paws" crew. Some of you may know me and my fur siblings from our blog of the same name.
This list is a compilation of suggestions from a 2:a.m. meeting held this past week. After each item on the list, I've added the name of the cat who presented the idea. Must give credit where credit is due, after all.
Improving on Old Tricks
- Find more efficient ways to block mom's view of her computer monitor, so she is forced to pay more attention to me! (Nugget)
- Practice harder scratching at the office door and improve on pathetic meows so mom lets me in. (Bobbie)
- Find a better hiding place to suck my tail in peace; it soothes me. (Tigger)
- Try and grow taller so when I stand on dad's desk, I can see his TV better, and he will see me better! (Lil' Miss)
- Learn to turn on the bathroom tap by myself, so I don't have to wait on my dense servants to come do it for me. (Munchkin)
- Perfect my timing and paw placement when launching off laps to coincide with the servant's need to use the human litter box. (me--Jigsaw)
- Sleep more; wander around the garage more; oh, and sleep. (Patches)
- Get better at opening dad's drapes so he wakes up earlier. (Nugget)
- Perfect the art of losing toys under furniture. (Bobbie)
- Get better at being underfoot and acting outraged when stepped upon. (Tigger)
- More practice on pathetic meowling--my voice is too tiny. (Lil' Miss)
- Get better at hiding from claw trimmer. (Munchkin)
- Learn to beg and steal toys from the others. (me, Jigsaw)
- "Yawn. What? Oh. Go away, I'm sleeping." (Patches)
Do any of you other kitties make resolutions?
A Good Beginning
I think this is a pretty good list to start with. We didn't really come up with any brand-new things to do or learn, because, after all, we are cats, so we pretty much know everything already. It's merely a matter of achieving perfection.
That should be easy, since we are so near perfect already.
Well, what do you think of our list of New Year's Resolutions? Any suggestions you can think of to add to our prowess would be kindly received.