- Pets and Animals
It's a dog's life!
Ahhhh, the life of a dog...
My sister Gracie and I have a pretty doggone good life!
And we pass that way of life on to all the humans we meet. We play, we love, we enjoy life!
Read more to find out how we pups can make a difference in your life.
But what is a 'dog's life'?
Many of us think a dog's life is a life of leisure; an easy going life with no worries, no cares, and loads of fun. And for others it's an attitude; a way of life!
Sadly, it's not always been that way...according to the Word Detective. For much of human history (were talking way back when) dogs didn't hold the status in the family that they do now.
"Dogs (were) left to fend for themselves on the fringes of human society, with none of the consideration (not to mention food and shelter) that humans lavish on their pets today," according to the Word Detective.
"So grim was the average dog's lot until relatively recently that to lead "a dog's life" meant to lead a life of misery and abject subservience ......not surprisingly, such an ordeal rarely had a happy ending, and "to die like a dog" meant to die a disgraceful or miserable death".
Now life for many of us is very different, and a dog's life means a whole lot more. One of our missions? To pass on our 'it's a dog's life' attitude. Two-leggers take note - you can learn a lot from us four-leggers - and have a happier, healthier life in the process.
So let's get started. We're gonna show you just what "A Dog's Life" is really about!
It's a dog's life!
Dogs can teach us a lot about how to live a good life!
Here are just a few things I teach my Mum everyday!
- When a family member comes home, run to greet them like they've been away forever.
- If someone is having a bad day, sit quietly near them and give them a good nuzzle.
- Take great delight in a long walk.
- Run and play everyday.
- Enjoy your meal, but stop when you've had enough.
- When the day is hot, drink lots of water and lie in the shade.
- Wag with your tail instead of your tongue and make more friends.
- Be happy and you will draw people to you.
- Be who you are, if people don't like it, move on to the next.
- Sometimes obedience is a good thing, sometimes you just gotta let loose.
- Life is too short for holding a grudge.
- Loyalty is a very important trait.
- Why bite when a simple growl will suffice.
- Leashes are for pulling against.
- Mud and dirt never hurt anyone.
- Something you want that's buried is worth digging for.
- If you see a pile of leaves, jump in.
- Take a nap, everyday.
- Always be curious.
- When you put your mind to something - give it your all!
- Live in the moment.
Be sure and visit my website for all kinds of cool things dogs need in their life!
Be sure and visit my website - JohannTheDog.com - where you can shop for cool stuff for cool dogs!
We've put together, in one place, all the cool stuff you need for your dog! Find dog beds, all natural foods and treats, collars, leashes, charms, training and dog sport gear, vitamins and supplements, books, clothing, toys and more!
And the best part is that we donate 10% of our profits to dog rescues and shelter!
Great books about dog life lessons!
We want to know!
Has your pup made a positive impact on how you live your life?
Featured vid - Dogs loving life!
Looking for fun things to do with your dog? Look no further!
Here is our latest lens - Fun things to do with your dog!
It's packed full with all kinds of fun activities you can do with your dog - from tricks, to sports, to hiking/camping and traveling, to just playing fetch!
Be sure and check it out!