Homemade Dog Cookies Banana Peanut Butter
People Shaped and Dog Bone Dog Cookies
Cookies For My Dogs
I started making dog cookies for my two furry family members a few years ago. I find that they are much healthier than the store bought cookies, I can control what goes into them, and since my dogs seem to have an allergy to wheat, these tasty treats are far better for them.
Christmas Dog Cookies
Yesterday I remembered that I hadn't made their Christmas cookies so out came all the ingredients. When they overheard me telling my husband that I was baking cookies for Maggie & Bruce into the kitchen they came and that is where they stayed until the cookies were out of the oven and cool enough to eat.
The thing I really like about this recipe is that you don't have to mix the ingredients in any particular order, and it is quite easy to omit or add ingredients that you think your dog may like.
- 4 bananas (I used defrosted frozen ones)
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups of brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup of flax seed
- 1 Tbs. of honey
- 2 Tbs. of Molasses
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the bananas, oatmeal, peanut butter, rice flour, flax seed, honey and molasses.
- Make sure everything is really well mixed and that you can form a ball, ready to roll out.
- On a floured surface (I use my counter-top) roll out the dough to a thickness you prefer, and cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies onto the cookie sheet, pop them into the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool on a rack, and then watch how much your dogs will love these cookies.
Have Your Dog Decide
Baking For Doggies
Do you make homemade treats for your pets?
© 2013 Susan Zutautas