- Pets and Animals
Soft Claws: Nail Caps For Cats
What Are Soft Claws?
Developed by a veterinarian, Soft Claws are vinyl nail caps that look like a hollow claw and are glued onto your cat's existing claws. They cover the claw tips so no damage occurs when your cat scratches.
Soft Claws are widely regarded as the safe and humane solution to cat
scratching in the home and are highly recommend as an alternative to declawing because it doesn't harm the cat in any manner, and in most cases, the cat doesn't even notice them!
Choosing The Right Sizes
Soft Claws offer several sizes to make sure they are both secure and comfortable for your cat.
- Kitten: Soft Claws will fit most kittens by the time they reach the age of 12-16 weeks. Kittens up to about 5 months of age and 5 pounds body weight generally fit into the kitten size. It is best not to trim kitten's nails before application because their nails are so small.
- Small: Approximately 6 months of age. Approximately 6-8 pounds. Some kittens at 5 months may need the small size if they are growing fast or are large-breed cats. Small-boned adult cats often wear the small size. If your cat seems smaller than an average full-grown cat, choose small.
- Medium: Approximately 9-13 pounds. Most adult average size cats wear medium.
- Large: Approximately 14 pounds and up. Very large-boned and large-breed cats wear large. Maine Coons, for example, are very large cats and generally wear large.
Soft Claws On Amazon
Soft Claws Kits
Protect your home against destructive scratching by applying Soft Claws Nail Caps to your pets nails. These comfortable and effective nail caps are easy to apply and up to last 6 weeks!
Feline Soft Claw Nail Caps Kit includes 40 natural colored nail caps for 2 individual applications, 2 adhesive tubes, 6 applicator tips and instructions.
Soft Claws also come in a variety of sizes so your cat or kitten will have a purrrrfect fit and in an assortment of fun colors!
I love using the colored claws because it looks like she just got a feline manicure! If you're not interested in using colors, there's also a clear option for the most discrete feline.
Soft Claws Come In Many Colors
Soft Claws Demonstration
How To Apply Soft Claws
Soft Claws are surprisingly quick and easy to apply to your cat's paws.
Clean your cat's
nails prior to applying Soft Claws.
- Trim the tip of your cat's claw, being careful not to trim off too much.
- Fill one-third of the Soft Claw with the included glue. Avoid overfilling the cap or the glue will attach to your cat's fur, making application difficult.
- Gently pull your cat's fur back to expose his claw and then apply the Soft Claw by placing it firmly over the claw.
- Repeat this process for all of your cat's claws.
- Monitor your cat carefully to ensure that he is adjusting well to the Soft Claws. It is possible that You may have to reattach some Soft Claws if your cat chews or scratches before the glue has dried.
Soft Claw Testimonials
"What a great product and I wish I had known about them sooner, I could
have saved a lot of my furniture!" ~ JenJen, California
"I love the nail caps! I usually pet and
play with my cat for about 5 minutes after to distract them while the
glue dries. I can find the
clear ones in the stores, but the colored ones let you know immediately
when one comes off." ~ Psyche, North Carolina
"I think declawing in inhumane. That did not keep me from being dissatisfied when my cats scratched up my furniture. I've been using these covers for about 4 months now and think they are great. My cats are very cooperative when I put them on and don't notice them after they've been on for 10 minutes. I recommend these for all cat owners." ~ Kathryn, Ohio
"I was surprised at how easy these are to put on, they stay on, and they save my furniture. I took my cat to the vet with them on and now the vet carries them to offer as a humane alternative to declawing." ~ Allison, Michigan
More Info on Soft Claws
- Soft Claws Nail Caps for Cats - Grooming - Senior - PetSmart
PetSmart: Buy Soft Claws Nail Caps for Cats - Top Seller!A simple, non-surgical alternative to declawing and an easy way to stop your cat from damaging furniture and carpets.To watch a product demo, click on the video camera at bottom left of product
- Alternatives to Declawing, Nail Caps for Cats
Soft Claws are vinyl caps that glue to your cats claws protecting against scratching.
- Soft Claws and Soft Paws now available in the UK - The Pet Care Accessory for cats and dogs\' destru
Soft Claws are vinyl caps that slide over your cats claws protecting against scratching. Vet approved and safe. They prevent descructive scratching and stop cats from clawing on furniture.