This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

My Boston terrier had pancreatitis and my vet has him on Hill Prescription Diet

1. profile image47
    spatnposted 8 years ago

My Boston terrier had pancreatitis  and my vet has him on Hill Prescription Diet I/D. Is there...

an over the counter kibble I can feed him instead?

2. khawfash profile image55
    khawfashposted 8 years ago

I think it would be wise for you to follow the vet's r/x.  My cat's had many urinary tract infections all because I wouldn't stick with the prescribed food.  Because it was pricier, I thought I could go the cheaper route and be ok.  But in the end, I spent more money than I would have, caused my cat more suffering than I shoud've and myself stress that could've been avoided.  It's been many years now that I have kept him on the prescribed food and he's never had a ut since.

They prescribed your pet this for a reason and I recommend, for you and your pet's ultimate good, that you follow it.

working