Hello. I am considering using the 'Evanger's' canned food to mix in with my own

1. profile image48
    preshiesgirlposted 7 years ago

Hello. I am considering using the 'Evanger's' canned food to mix in with my own raw meat recipe...

that I've been feeding my two cats for about a year now (they love it!). I choose to mix a high quality canned with the raw to stretch out the raw meat since it IS very tedious and time consuming to make. For the last 6 months or so, I've been mixing the raw with 'Wellness Salmon and Turkey' canned but because of their recall history, I am leaning towards changing (hence thinking about 'Evanger's'). The only neg. point made regarding Evanger's was the Seafood flavor having ground corn and rice flour. I don't see these ingredients listed in any of their seafood. Can you tell me when this was?

2. profile image44
    jparkposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    I've been using Evanger's foods for over 30 years, and I've actually never known them to use corn or fillers or anything like that.  Don't know if that helps, but I can tell you that my cats are VERY finicky and love the Seafood, Turkey & Butternut Squash, and Beef Tips with Gravy by Evanger's.  Sometimes I purchase the mackerel, but since it smells like fish, I prefer to stick with the other three.

3. Lady-in-a-Window profile image85
    Lady-in-a-Windowposted 6 years ago

I hadn't looked at the Evangers ingredients in a couple years. Can you find one that doesn't have the grains in it? Corn and rice flour are pretty bad for them....raises the insulin too much by supplying lots of empty carbs. Maybe they have a grain free variety, or you can try Wellness instead?

working