jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anybody elses dog have this problem??

1. 1150kaylamichelle profile image54
    1150kaylamichelleposted 7 years ago

Does anybody elses dog have this problem??

My dog has "Short man syndrome" it seems.. Every time a larger dog comes hear him he thinks he has to act all tough growl and shake his head back and fourth. It's kinda funny but is he trying to protect himself or something? My sister has a husky and every time she comes my doggie trys to act all big like he's a Great Dane! It's entertaining but when the husky was only a few weeks old they were basically best friends but now that she's big he never gets along with her. Hmm.. maybe my dog just has a wild personality? Haha

2. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I have a chiwawa he dose the exact same thing with both bigger dogs and other peopple

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It sounds like he's feeling threatened or trying to establish dominance...since it's only with larger dogs, I'd say it's the former. Generally this comes about through lack of socialization with many other dogs or if the dog is just generally nervous. The only real problem comes if a) the dog decides to act out at some point because he feels threatened, or b) a dog that he's gesturing toward decides to take him up on the challenge and attacks.

4. Mrs. J. B. profile image58
    Mrs. J. B.posted 7 years ago

Like little men your dog has the Napolean Complex...... I think it is funny because most of the big dogs will back off..

working