jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my kitten's eye is totally bloodshot,a dark red color like its full of blood wha

1. profile image44
    jdyer951posted 7 years ago

my kitten's eye is totally bloodshot,a dark red color like its full of blood what should i do?

2. countrystarr profile image59
    countrystarrposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry you are having problems with your Kitten!  It is scary when things happen to your pets because they can't speak and tell you what is wrong.

I know it can be expensive, but I would recommend taking your kitten to the vet.  It is probably nothing, but it is better to be safe than sorry.  I have a dog who is constantly having problems.  I usually end up taking him to the vet like once every two months!

Good luck.  I hope your kitten gets better.

3. hglick profile image89
    hglickposted 7 years ago

A kitten's eye which is dark red is most probably the result of conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the lining membrane that covers the inner sides of the eyelids, and surface of the eyeball up to the cornea. It is one of the most common eye problems in cats and kittens. I would recommend the following hub which might help you understand conjunctivitis
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Cat-Eye-Problems

PS. You will still need to visit a vet, in order to confirm the ailment.  Kittens are very fragile and need the correct type of care

4. sabrinaaq profile image59
    sabrinaaqposted 7 years ago

I dont really know anything about cats but my dog's eyes get bloodshot sometimes and its nothing major it just means she is really tired

working