What is the cause for a goldfish to have Ick disease one week and the next to ha

1. profile image46
    jewelslightposted 7 years ago

What is the cause for a goldfish to have Ick disease one week and the next to have the torn fin...

disease? I did recently add a tropical fish to the aquarium . Shortly after the addition my gold fish had the white spots .  Finished treatment , now one week later Ghost the goldfish has torn fins. Huumm ? Is it something I should or shouldn't be doing ? Oh and the tropical fish died.
                                                                              Thanks,
                                                                                         Jewelslight

2. poetvix profile image68
    poetvixposted 7 years ago

I am not sure about the tornfin disease but I know of two ways your fish could have gotten Ick.  First, and most likely, is that the new fish you introduced to the tank exposed the other fish.  I have found over the last two decades of keeping fish that a new fish can wipe out an entire tank.  As a result of said knowledge, I would sugest setting up a small isolation tank for new fish to dwell in for at least a week upon purchasing them.
    Secondly, temp. changes in the tank can cause Ick esp. if it drops too much or too fast. 
    I hope this helps some.

3. Rotem profile image61
    Rotemposted 7 years ago

Hi there, sorry for my late reply
    There are  one rule that you should keep in mind:
    Never populate tropical fish along with gold fish, They are extremely sensitive to each other diseases, and the most important thing is that they both need different water conditions.

working