4 y/o neutered Doxie shows abrupt overnight change from running up 6 flights of

1. profile image46
    DixieDoxieDameposted 7 years ago

4 y/o neutered Doxie shows abrupt overnight change from running up 6 flights of stairs to...

walking only if coaxed.  Dog is not permitted on furniture, bed etc. Not permitted upstairs in normal residence. Does seem to be favoring rt front .No sand burrs. No swelling of leg/paws. No obvious wounds. Normal bowel/bladder functions. I have noticed a small surprised yelp (not loud or prolonged) when held like a foot ball &  small pressure is applied to mid chest area. Not reliabily reproduced.  I have given him a little anti inflamitory  and although not acting normally he doesnt appear to have any distress while resting quitely  Should I be doing something else until we get back home (in

2. profile image47
    eyesalookinposted 7 years ago

Dog has possibly been kicked, or just twisted wrong.  We found out at the vet that they don't have to show spinal problems as soon as they accure, they can take time to show up.  Our dog, has been pulling her behind around, but has been wagging her tail and trying to walk.  I have been doing water excercises with her, holding her over water and letter her move her legs. You can walk your dog with a pair of nylons, using the nylons for support.  Resting is always the best medicine.  I am not a vet, just relaying what I was told with my dog.

working