Male red betta slow, low on tank bottom, fading red color all over since last we

1. profile image48
    Joyscoopposted 7 years ago

Male red betta slow, low on tank bottom, fading red color all over since last week

MY BELOVED RED MALE BETTA HAS BEEN BRIGHT RED SINCE I GOT HIM AT FISH STORE 6 MONTHS AGO.  NOW RED IS FADING TO MORE LIGHTER COLOR OVER PAST 7 DAYS  HE LOOKS SICK HANGS OUT ON BOTTOM AND DOESN'T MOVE MUCH.  THE WHOLE TIME I'VE HAD HIM HE WILL ONLY EACH FREEZE DRIED BLOOD WORMS... NOTHING ELSE.  I RECENTLY ADDED PINK COLORED GRAVEL PET STORE RECOMMENDED FOR BETTA'S THAT HAS "LIVING MICRONISIMS IN IT.  HAVE A FILTER ON HIGH RIGHT NOW SINCE LAST NIGHT.  ALSO HAVE FAKE PLANTS FOR HIM TO REST ON TOWARDS TO OF TANK.  I CONDITION WATER WIRH "SLENDWS BETTA"  COMPLETE WATER CONDITIONER" AND TETRA AQASA

2. marketingskeptic profile image72
    marketingskepticposted 7 years ago

Aww, that's so sad.
    Check and see if your betta has Ich (white spots) since it's a parasite and you can get medicine to cure him.

Good luck!

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

What kind of housing do you have him in? What are the water parameters? What cycling process did you use? Feel free to send me specific questions, if I can discuss specifics with you then I can probably help out. I also have a number of hubs published on fish care, including this one for bettas:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Betta-Splendens … hting-Fish

That said, I have over 15 years' experience with them, and would gladly help you figure out what's wrong with this particular fish. Also, regardless of what the packaging says, generally unless it was refrigerated there are no actual living organisms left in it.

working