jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the coolest trick you have taught your dog?

1. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

What is the coolest trick you have taught your dog?

It can also be someone else's dog, just a cool, unique trick.

2. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

To climb a tree. He was having some confidence issues, so I wanted to build up his ego. I put a frizbee on a tree limb and convinced him to make the climb. He is a well adjusted "butch" K9 now. We are both much happier for it!

3. julie58 profile image59
    julie58posted 6 years ago

Our golden retriever can stand on her back legs and open a door with her front paws ........ wish she could also shut it!!!!

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 6 years ago

Not a trick as such.  When you get your puppy and are outdoors and call the dog to come to you, raise your arms above your head and clap your hands a couple of times.

In very short order you will be able to call your dog by simply raising your hands above your head and clapping a few times and Fido will come running to you.  You'll see.  Dogs are smart.

5. toknowinfo profile image89
    toknowinfoposted 6 years ago

I had a black Scottish Terrier. I did a whole routine of tricks with him and at the end I would have him stand on his hind legs, I would say oh no, a bear, point my finger like a gun. I would say bang bang and he would roll over and play dead, until everyone applauded.

6. TinaTango profile image66
    TinaTangoposted 6 years ago

I haven not taught my dog this yet, however, in one video of a Shiba on youtube, the owner says "spread 'em", and the dog faces the wall, stands and puts his paws on the wall as if he were getting searched!

7. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Mine will be shaking hand with my foot. Everytime when I raise my foot, my dog would raise his paw to shake with my foot. It looks quite cute!