This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What qualities draw you to your favorite dog breed?

1. Simple Pet Care profile image57
    Simple Pet Careposted 6 years ago

What qualities draw you to your favorite dog breed?

For me it's the Newfoundland due to its sweet temperament and personality.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5612838_f260.jpg

2. shaymonu profile image71
    shaymonuposted 6 years ago

The qualities that draw me to my favorite dog breed, the Pit Bull, are: How people friendly the breed is, how easy it is to train this breed, it's not too large to be a house dog and makes a good house dog, but most of all the affection this breed has for it's owner / owners.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

For me, it's that Redbones are very active and intelligent. They're up for just about anything, and they can keep going for days-long hikes or extended camp-outs in the mountains. I've had several Redbones in my life, and my last one was with me for 15 years -- I've never found a dog that fits my personality and lifestyle better. Got to love the Newfies too, though -- my mom has a 155lb cuddle bug of the same variety wink. He's the sweetest dog I ever met...but very shy around other dogs. He does great with other people, but the last time we went to the dog park someone's miniature schnauzer scared the crap out of him.

4. SmartMomsSave profile image58
    SmartMomsSaveposted 6 years ago

Hi first I wanted to say hello, this is my first time here in your hub .
    My favorite breed happens to be the American Pit Bull. The reason I pick this dog is I never liked the bad rap they are given and I am a sucker for an underdog.  I've had many different breeds of dogs in my life-time but my very first Pit Bull I got only about 3 years ago.  With their reputation for being a fighting dog, people breed them to fight and then once they don't meet their expectations or a bigger dog comes along they are finished with them and throw them away.   Our SPCA's and other pounds here in New Orleans are full of Pits and they are the #1 dog being killed.  I fell in love with a fawn color 4 month old beauty and I am so happy, she is the sweetest most loving dog I've ever had.  She came into our lives while my daughter was pregnant with my first grand-baby and our dog loves that little girl like she is her very own.  Every time she comes over my dog can't wipe the huge smile off her face. smile  We had a stray cat come and have kittens under our house and our dog became the protective nanny for them.  She would have a fit if any other cat came even close to our gate.  She is super protective, loyal, loving and the best bed buddy ever! lol We loved her so much we went an Adopted another Pit a little less then a year ago.  This time we adopted a black pit, since the SPCA told us that for some reason the dogs that get adopted the least are Pit Bulls and Black Dogs, so we knew she had 2 strikes against her so we wanted to rescue her. We did bring our old dog with us and let them get to know each other first to make sure it was a match.  We were lucky, because they seemed to like each other right away.   I am so happy we picked the black pit bull, because she is the funnest dog ever! We have so much fun with her, I love to watch her get excited and do her cartoon looking run on the wood floor. lol  It's the funniest thing ever.  Now that I've got to know a Pit Bull make that 2 Pit Bulls I'll never go back to any other breed unless it's a dog that really needs us. I love that we don't have to get them groomed too. smile Sorry for writing so long, I just LOVE my Pit Bulls! 
    Have a great day,
    Laura  AKA Smart Moms Saving Money
    www.smartmomssavingmoney.blogspot.com

5. Simple Pet Care profile image57
    Simple Pet Careposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Wychic - I'd never heard of Redbones. I just looked them up and those are beautiful dogs! Your mom's Newfie sounds cute. I'm getting a Newfie next fall, I can't wait!

Shaymonu and SmartMomsSave - Definitely gotta love a Pit. Do you guys watch Ceasar Millan? He owns two of them (unfortunately his oldest one, Daddy passed away). My friend has a pit bull named Daddy now in honor of him. They really are such a great yet sadly misunderstood breed. 9/10 times (or more like 10/10 times) it's the owners fault with any breed when something goes wrong. Oh and about SmartMomsSave's comment about the black pit bull - our local pound gives discounts for anyone who buys a black dog our cat since they're the most unwanted. I personally think they're the most beautiful! Thanks for the comments guys it's fun to see what breeds interest you and why.

6. marketingskeptic profile image71
    marketingskepticposted 6 years ago

For me, Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties) - they're absolutely amazing dogs that are incredibly friendly and easy to train. I love how they're goofy and enjoy doing weird hoppy dances when they get excited, plus they have an adorable grin. They are also so incredibly expressive that I sometimes forget that I'm dealing with a dog not a human smile I own 2 Shelties right now and will probably stick with this breed for the rest of my life.

7. profile image55
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

It is the friendly nature of a true English Cocker Spaniel dog,in a buff color.  Their fur is soft like silk and when they run it is like a fan is blowing on the dogs fur.  Our dog had the bigges, big brown eyes.

www.petsareagift.com

working