jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I go about buying and owning a slloth?

1. Lexi Scott profile image55
    Lexi Scottposted 6 years ago

How can I go about buying and owning a slloth?

I am just 18 years old and I want to look into owning a sloth, but my mother told me that you probably have to have a certain kind of permit to own one and I was hoping that maybe you could explain to me how I can start doing that..

2. Paradise7 profile image81
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

You can get them at an exotic pet store, IF they are legal to own in your state.  Here's a link to a fellow-hubber's hub about the care of the sloth, should your state allow you to buy it:

http://krista07.hubpages.com/hub/How-To … -Pet-Sloth

They actually look like pretty cute pets in Krista's hub.

3. Melissa A Smith profile image99
    Melissa A Smithposted 6 years ago

This animal has special needs for their care, and an enormous cage. You can go to chasing-tail.com for more information. You would have to call  your state's Department of Agriculture, town, and anyone else who may have jurisdiction over where you live to determine if they are legal. I wouldn't listen to the information on that link someone recommended to you.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Why do you want a sloth? It's a wild animal that belongs in the wild. If you like animals, start with a pet. There are many homeless domesticated animals in the animal shelters that need someone to take care of them or they will be killed - cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, birds, etc. If you have an interest in sloths, then make it your ambition to study biology in college and become a wildlife biologist who specializes in sloths.