jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How good is your dog food ?

1. afriqnet profile image53
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

How good is your dog food ?

There are many dog food brands out there, in your experience what is the best dog food that you have used before and continue to use. What is your opinion about the best dog food are rated by you.

2. Bob Bamberg profile image94
    Bob Bambergposted 5 years ago

I don't have a dog, but sold the food and other supplies for a couple of decades.  Within categories of food, i.e. grocery brands, super premium, holistic, grain-free, they're pretty similar from brand to brand.  I favor the grain-free, holistic foods are a close second, and I'm comfortable with the super premiums.  In my opinion, the grocery brands (grain based) just don't cut it in today's pet food environment.  I wrote a hub about dog foods, including home prepared diets, which I think are OK as long as it came from a board certified animal nutritionist, and as long as it's followed to the letter.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We buy top quality dog good and our dogs have wonderful health and their coats are shiny and healthy.  We use ProPlan dog food.  We have tried other brands and they just didn't thrive like they do now on the ProPlan.

1. Bob Bamberg profile image94
      Bob Bambergposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like their Selects formulations because of the better protein sources, the absence of wheat, and the chelated minerals, but I've never been a big fan of their classic products.  I'm sure you'd see comparable results with any high-end food.

working