jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I need to know, did it harmful if we accidentally inhaling cat's fur?

1. ryanjhoe profile image62
    ryanjhoeposted 5 years ago

I need to know, did it harmful if we accidentally inhaling cat's fur?

I love cats and sometimes I love to kiss my cat such as on his cheek and I found out many furs on his sleeping basket and some places inside the house where they like to sleep and I always clean it up all the time. It just worries me if I accidentally inhale that thing.

2. cajunrooster profile image60
    cajunroosterposted 5 years ago

Hi ryanjhoe. We have had cats since my wife and I met. While cat hair can be bothersome in many ways it it generally not harmful. Many people are allergic to cats though. I would think if you were allergic to cats it would have shown up by now. I think you can probably inhale a lot of cat hair and still be ok, but it would be best to do just as you do and clean the cat hair up as much as you can. We clean all the time but still have tons of cat hair around. It's just part of the game if you have cats. So all I can, and I am certainly no expert, is try to keep the cat hair down as much as you can and just keep your house as clean as you can. You should be fine if you do that. If you do notice any health issues on your part seek some competent medical care though. Enjoy your cat(s)!!

ryanjhoeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to hear that. I already search online about it too and found only a few explanation about this, and so far I never found that cat's fur is harmed if it's accidentally inhaled. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. smile

3. Brandon Martin profile image76
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

It can't be too harmful unless you have allergies of SOME sort, however, animals carry different bacteria than humans do, and dander, oils and other secretions from the pet(s) are not all that great for bodily ingestion. We all tend to get used to the pets that we have, but having them lie in bed with you or next to your food while eating can lead your body (slowly) into a possible illness (not always). This is because your body has a natural defense from the dander and secretions of pets or other debris flying in the air which CAN (but like I said, not always) lead to allergies later in life to that particular pet. Just keep your pet clean and healthy and you will be fine. smile

ryanjhoeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for adding more insight towards my question. I really appreciate it. Your answer help me a lot. smile

4. DubstepMaker profile image61
    DubstepMakerposted 5 years ago

no it's not harmful, cats have been with us for thousands of  years and our physiologies (even parasites) are pretty complimentary to eachother. don't worry bro. if it grosses you out then just keep stuff clean and keep your kitties clean and healthy.

5. ryanjhoe profile image62
    ryanjhoeposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your explanation. I'm glad to hear that cat's fur isn't harmful for us.

working