jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would my dog have puppies from another male, if I had bred her already with my c

1. profile image51
    Hubert JRposted 4 years ago

Would my dog have puppies from another male, if I had bred her already with my cousin pit?

I have a pit, I recently had her breded, First time breding her. This is my question! Picked her up after three days at my cousin house. She tight up 5 Time to the male pit. I took her home, The next day  a stray dog tight to her. Will she have puppy from that Mutt?

2. Theophanes profile image97
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

It is always possible but not that likely. Dogs "tie" so that the male dog's sperm get a chance to get where they're going without another dog getting in there at the same time and causing unwanted competition. That being said it is slightly odd she'd still be in breeding mode after three days and five ties! I don't know how old either were or if either have any fertility issues but it's always a possibility that the first male dog, whether due to age or something else, didn't successfully impregnate her. If that's the case all the puppies will be the result of the second male. I'm afraid the only way to know for sure is to wait and see what they come out looking like.

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Sorry you wont really know until the puppies are born, and even then some of them might look like the mother and you will not know until they grow up.
    If the female had not yet ovulated (had all of her eggs released) then they were floating around in there looking for a dad. The mutt will be the dad of those puppies. If all of the eggs had already ovulated and been fertilized by the Pit male, you will only have purebred Pit puppies.
    If you are selling these pups, you cannot ethically say they are definitely Pit. The only way to tell for sure is to do a DNA test on each puppy and make sure they have the dad´s DNA.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I don't know about dogs, but I do know that cats can have a litter with a different father for each kitten in the same litter!!

working