Where to Buy the Best in Bird Supplies
Where to Buy Supplies for Backyard Birding
Welcome to my bird store. This page is intended to be an index of great webpages on birds and bird supplies.
So far you will find links to the rest of the articles in this series. Of course it is in its infancy, but more pages will be added quickly.
Here you will find supplies for attracting birds into your backyard and some great information for birders. Be sure to bookmark it and come back often to see what's new. Hope you enjoy.
Please come back again and check my new pages.
Photo Credit: Bill Armstrong
Best-Ever Backyard Birding Tips - Hundreds of Easy Ways to Attract the Birds You Love to Watch
Get great tips from some of the best and popular backyard bird enthusiasts. Find out tricks and tips on how to attract a nice variety of birds into your garden.
How to Attract Backyard Birds
Attracting birds is easy. You can start small - secure a feeder in a tree or on the wall, fill it with seeds and sees what arrives. I practically guarantee you will soon become hooked and want to expand the number of species of birds you attract - there are some great resources online to learn all you need but here are one or two tips. - all they want is food and water. Admittedly some are rather fussier than others but you soon learn what individual ones like.
- Different types of birds feed in different ways so you probably want to include several types of feeders and feeding stations. Consider a table for birds that like to feed on the ground or anyway on a flat surface; you will want some hanging feeders for birds that don't mind hovering (Hummingbirds) and or who can cling to a feeding post. other birds like finches can feed anywhere - even hanging upside down.
- Take a little time to think of where to place your table/feeders. Major considerations are safety - place it where they are protected from predators. near trees and bushes is good to give them places to quickly fit into and also gives them places to perch to scope out the space for stray cats and so on before they go to feed. This is especially important for ground feeding birds although you can buy cages that go over ground feeding tables to protect them. Hang feeders as high as you can.
- Take time out to learn which birds like which feed - birdsforever have an excellent table available online --> North American Bird Feeding Chart
- Provide water! Water if vital for birds not just to drink but also for washing to keep their feathers in top condition. Try to keep their water clean and fresh.
- Keep feeders and tables clean! Use a safe bird cleaning liquid so they are kept safe from chemical poisoning. Keeping them clean is essential to prevent infection from bacteria and disease carry by bacteria.
Backyard Birding Books - Tips & Tricks for Attracting Backyard Birds into your garden!
Irrespective of your geographical location, this first class guide will have your attention for hours on end regarding the many different birds around you.
Your receiving information on around 150 of some of the most common and interesting birds you are likely to see around your backyard feeders.nesting or passing by!
A spectacular visual index of the birds are located at the inside front and back cover, for your identification purposes.
Tips & Tricks for Attracting Backyard Birds into your garden!
Some nice tips and tricks here that could help you attract more backyard birds.
Where to find bird related pages in this series
Common backyard birds - Hummingbird
Bird Watching Camera!
This is a nice affordable easy to use bird watching camera that comes weather resistant with 1.3 motion activated megapixles, will take an average of 15 time/date stamped JPEG photos per 10 second of activation. Comes with a
2 GB SD card which holds a considerable amount of images.
The mounting system enables you to place them on trees, walls or windows etc.
I have mine watching my little backyard humming birds.