How to keep your photos alive
Memories last a lifetime....
We all have photographs lying in shoe boxes, photo albums, on our phones or laptops. How often do we look at them?
I hold photographs close to me and I am a bit old school, I like having them printed out and put up on my walls or around my home.
Every picture tells a story, they can remind us of some fun times that we may not always remember, until we come across the picture.
Here are 5 ways you can bring back your photos to life:
- DIY Photo wall: There are many ways you could do this but here are a few I’ve used.
- : these look real pretty at night once the lights are on and during the day if its on a corner wall can help create a really cozy chillout corner. You could get these from Amazon or any other online or craft store. If you can’t find them, you could even use fairy lights and then clip photos on to the light strings. Other than printed photos, having pictures from a polaroid camera make it even cuter! Photo clip string lights
- Photos in a frame: Use a big photo frame and get strings hung from one end to the other end within the frame having a few rows. Then get your photos and pin them on the strings to have a photo frame of photos
- : You get to buy these family tree decals which have slots for photos. The decals are easy to stick on the wall without any damage to the paint and the photos can just be printed and put up in the slots for them. You can even cut them in various shapes such as hearts etc to make it look special. Family tree decals or even wooden family tree frames are a great way to put up family photographs! Family tree decals
- Photo frames on a ledge: For those of you who like it simple. You could have a simple black ledge on a wall and place frames close to each other. Plain black and white frames make a good choice for this.
- Collage: If you have a smaller wall that is blank, you could make collage of photos just stuck close together and include postcards or memories from a trip like boarding pass or tickets to a concert etc. You could also stick the date at the back of the photos to make it a keepsake and savor the memories. It can be your nostalgia corner to cherish old memories.
2. Photo gifts or things you can use for yourself: One of my favorites things to give as gifts or to get for myself are customized photo gifts that you can use in your day to day life. They could be any of the following:
- Photo mugs
- Photo blankets
- Photo laptop sleeves
- Photo cushions
- Photo coasters
They end up becoming things you can use and reminders of your loved ones or fun trips that you went on. A site that I would recommend for this is www.bagsoflove.com The site is easy to use to customize a range of products, which you can do yourself on the site by uploading the pictures, adding texts etc. The quality and fast shipping is also something I can vouch for.
3. Photo Albums: Again, quite old school but if you have the time get all those old photos out from your cupboard and organize them into fun new albums. What I love about the new albums these days there are so many different kinds to choose from. You could have an album which is more like a scrap book, where you can put pictures into slots, and they have space for you to write a few lines or add stickers on to it. Make a family project out of it, get the kids in on it and while reminiscing the old times it is also a fun activity for the family to do together which will result in an album you’ll treasure.
4. Photo books: If being creative is not your plus point or you prefer something a little easier, you could get together a bunch of digital photographs and give in to a studio or photographers online to create a photo book for you. The advantage of this is that the photos will be printed just like you have in a magazine so there is no way to damage the pictures and they will last a long time. Instead of having magazines on your coffee table, you could have photo books.
5. Photo videos: Nowadays there are so many free apps you can download on your phone which allow you to create a video of photos with music and text. These are amazing to create and send your loved ones or just create and keep for yourself. This way it will retain your memories and it is something you have on your phone or laptop which means you have it with you all the time.
Photographs capture a moment that is impossible to reproduce. Going through pictures are a way of going down memory lane and reliving those golden days. A good life is a collection of good memories, that we create and will always cherish!
Thank you for reading.
- Join Hub pages, come share your world with us
All the information I share comes from my personal life experiences. Writing hubs has become my way of sharing a part of my world which I hope may benefit you or have piqued your interest or even if it is just something you could resonate with.