- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Baby's First Hand/Foot Mold!
Baby's First Keepsake's
Congratulations! You just spent a really long 9 months building sweet screaming, pooping life! Now its time to have some fun with him or her. :D Whether this is your first, second, or third child, molds make great gifts and or decoration for your baby's new nursery! Lets get started!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup salt
3/4 cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees F
2. Combine flour and salt and gradually add water, until it forms a dough.
3. Kneed well until it is well set up and is no longer sticky. *NOTE* (If still sticky add 1tsp of flour at a time, If too dry add tsp water at a time.)
4. Roll out or flatten until it is 1-2cm thick. *NOTE* you can be creative and use any shape of mold that you want.
5. Carefully use baby's hand and foot to make deep impressions. *NOTE* (This can be quite tricky, make sure your baby is happy and find someone to help you out :) I had my spouse hold her while I imprinted.
6. If you want to hang your mold on the wall, be sure to make two holes on both sides with a straw, and later you can thread ribbon or whatever you like through to hang it.
7. Set the mold on baking paper and on to a baking tray, and pop it into the oven for about 2-3 hours, turning once. *NOTE* (If mold is still soft turn off your oven and let them sit in the oven to dry for 2 more hours.)
8. Once dry and fully cooled. You are now free to paint and thread your mold.