Crafting With Paper: Creating a Paper Bucket
Poster board is a heavy duty paper that should be considered when crafting with paper. The following instructions will teach you how to create your own paper bucket and by using poster board instead of regular paper it will be strong enough to use over and over again. Consider making it unique for the person who is receiving the gift. For example if the person is a teacher, glue on clip art such as a ruler or apple. Parental supervision required.
- Poster board (14” x 22”)
- Strong glue
- Acrylic paint
- Hole puncher
- Wire (16”- 20”) or Ribbon
- Clip art and other decorative items
- White glue
- Use a ruler to mark off the measurements for the bag: 10 inches down the sides and 13 inches across the bottom.
- Using a pencil create a line that extends from the bottom 13 inches to the bottom of the 14 inch side.
- Cut out the curved section between the bottom and side.
- Paint the area as desired or glue on craft or wrapping paper. Let dry.
- Connect the back of the poster board using strong glue such as adhesive dots. Bend the bottom up and glue in place.
- Punch a hole on each side of the paper gift bag and then insert the ends of the wire. twist or bend the wire up to secure. An alternative to wire is to use a ribbon.
- Bend the wire in the middle to create a handle.
- Use the white glue on other decorative items such as clip art, ribbons or stickers.
- Use the bucket as a gift bag, for a flower arrangement or to hold items such as art tools. Hang on the wall for decoration.