Creative Crafting With Chidren
How To Start Crafting With Your Children
Children have great imagination and can come up with some great ideas when it comes to making things. A short while ago my daughter started collecting used toilet roll tubes and when I asked her why she said she was going to make a castle with them. She did just that and when her class where doing a project on castles she took it to school. This helped her win the best artist award for the second year running.
Things You Will Need To Get Started
These do not have to cost you much money. Infact all you need to do to start is keep empty cereal boxes, toilet and kitchen roll tubes and old greatings cards. Buy things like crayons, colored pencils, normal pencils, paints, glue, tape and safety scissors. Get a large cardboard box to place everything in so you can find it easily.
Your Imagination Or Your Child's
Some Great Ideas To Get You Started
Design Your Own T-Shirts
Things You Will Need
- Plain T-Shirts (I Find White To Be The Best but even black will work in some cases)
- Fabric Paints/ Dyes
- Foam Stamps (You Could Make Your Own Stamps Out Of Potatos)
- Plastic messy mat
- Old clothes
Creating The T-Shirt
- Wash and iron the T-Shirt so it is clean and flat
- Place it on a clean dry surface
- Slide the piece of card into the middle of the T-Shirt to stop the paint leaking thrugh to the other side
- Get you stamps and paints ready
- Cover stamp in a small amount of the color you wish to use. Don't put to much paint on as it may run and smudge.
- Place stamp paint side down where you would like it on the T-Shirt.
- Press lightly to transfer paint onto T-Shirt
Create Your Own Greetings Cards
This is a great activitiy to do with your children.
What You Will Need
- Old cards
- Plain White Card
- Sticky pads
How To Get Started
Start by collecting old Christmas and Birthday Cards and cutting them so you have the pictures off them.