- Arts and Design
Why I will never buy another Cricut again!
If you want a machine that will have typical malfunctions every time you try to use it, get the Cricut Expression, like me.
I'm serious, I just did not know the machine was a mess up before I got it. It was a Christmas present, so I didn't have much say in the matter. While, the gift was a lovely thought and I appreciate it very much, it just wasn't a good fit for me.
Yes, I can make things with it and yes it gets the basics done right.
I will never buy another circuit because:
- They don't fix the issues they already have, they find new things to distract you with. Instead of fixing kinks in the software, they give you an app to cut images from your phone.
- You have to pay a subscription just to use the basic images you would like. You can not cut ANY image, YOU MUST BUY IT FIRST. Yes, that's right. Buy a $200-$300 machine and then spend more money on the mats, the images, and all the accessories. (** you can buy the Explore or Explore One and it will cut any image)
- Ok, my last statement about "YOU HAVE TO BUY THE SUBSCRIPTION", you don't have to, but seriously, why wouldn't you? If you don't, you will not be able to cut the most simple of images. It is either $9.99 a month, or $100 for a year. That may not sound like a lot, but you are basically paying an extra $100-$120 a year just for using your machine.
- The machine will not cut anything without a computer and internet connection, no internet? no machine.
- You must use their design program and no others. (And, lets be honest, their design programs are not the best. There are many basic things you can not do with lines and images, such as curving them).
- DELAY, DELAY, DELAY! They say this and that, but what feels like forever later, it is still never fixed, or made.
- If you do get one, DO NOT get it when it first comes out! I'll tell you that. It will debut for about $300 and a month later it will be out anywhere for about $170! maybe even less. Talk about a waste!
- They tend to be sporadic about their customer service. I've heard from some people it is great, and others that it is horrible. I suppose you'll have that with every company.
- Provocraft (Cricut) does not allow you to complain on anything they have control over. While, I understand you don't want the bad "publicity", I believe it is unfair to DELETE every slight negative comment. They basically have people who brown nose and troll EVERY THING, EVERY WHERE, to make sure not one person talks trash about the company. THAT, right there, makes me feel like they have something to hide. It makes me feel as if the comments are nothing but truth and they want to cover it up. . . Instead of commenting back and apologizing for the inconveniences, they hide it from others and don't do anything to try to keep the customer.
- They discontinue everything, stop making updates for that machine you spent so much money on and move on to the next new thing, hoping everyone will drop the old machines and invest more money in them and their jacked up softwares that they don't want to fix. They just don't support all their products.
- You can only cut 24 inches long.
- Their are not many images to choose from. This is something I was so upset about when I first got my machine, I was looking and searching for the perfect image and it was just terrible. I didn't like ANYTHING. (I had a gift card and could buy anything on the site and hated it all. Look at their images that you can purchase before you purchase you machine. )
Now, I only have an opinion on Cricut because it is the only machine I have had, and I've only had the Expression, which is an older model. So, Please, continue to research, but please tell me what you have found! For me though; from now on, I will be investing my time and money into the Silhouette. I am waiting for the Curio to come out. And, hoping to get it for Christmas (Maybe the price will drop by then). It comes out in August and is starting out at about $250.
Y'all, check it out!
&& it's available for preorder at amazon at the link below! There you can view a condensed version of what it can do!