DIY No Sew Necklace from T-Shirt
T-Shirt Necklace Tutorial Gallery
DIY T-Shirt Necklace
So I've seen hosts of ways to upcycle T-Shirts and haven't really tried any of them before... until now that is! Last night I got a little side tracked whilst trying to spring clean my hubby's cupboard! I think I may make more of these as Christmas Gifts for the ladies!
Here is my tutorial, hope you enjoy!
You will need:
- 3 x T-Shirts (think about the colour palette you want. I used blue, red and white but next I think I would like to try pastels.)
- Sharp Scissors
1. Lay your T-Shirt flat on the ground
2. Cut the T-Shirt into strips horizontally (approx 1.5cm in width)
3. Repeat from the bottom of the shirt to under the arm hole.
* If your shirt has a print the simply cut that section out and tie the ends together - this adds to the overall effect and texture of the necklace.
4. You should now have a pile of rings of fabric. Pull/stretch the fabric tight.
* I plaited some pieces of my fabric together - have fun playing around with colours and techniques.
5. Repeat these steps with various coloured shirts. I used three shirts and managed to make three necklaces so I would say that one T-Shirt is sufficient for a one colour necklace.
6. Mix up the colours and join all the rings together by tieing a scrap piece of fabric around them.
Tadaa!!!! A gorgeous new necklace that didn't cost a cent!
Much Love and Heartshine,
The Hippie Housewife