- Arts and Design
Easter craft Easter bunny How to make a cute and easy Rabbit. Free template.
If you want a -' How to' - to make an easy Easter Bunny for all ages, here is a simple, terrific little bunny anyone can make. Use our free template and scraps that most people have around the house. So what are you waiting for? Hop to it!
To make your easy Easter bunny use any fabric you like - plain or patterned. My favorite is medium weight quilt batting which has a slightly fluffy texture but if you have scraps lying around the house, use those and best of all they are free.
- Copy the Easter bunny template and enlarge it to any size you like. My rabbits are 12cm tall to the top of the ears.
- Fold the fabric inside out, trace and then cut around the pattern. You will end up with 2 pieces the same.
- Still on the wrong side, stitch around the outline leaving the bottom of one foot open.
- Turn the rabbit right side out. It's useful to use the crochet hook to push out the ears and feet.
- Stuff the Easter bunny tightly with cotton wool or synthetic stuffing then stitch up the foot.
- If gluing on googly eyes use strong craft glue. Put plenty on and push the eyes right into it so small children cannot pull them off. Alternately buy eyes with a shank on the back and stitch them on, or embroider eyes with wool or cotton.
- Embroider a nose or firmly stitch on a bead.
- Use a double strand of black cotton and stitch through the base of the nose to make whiskers on the Easter bunny.
- Add a pink bow to one ear for a girl or a red bow-tie under the nose for boys - or any color you like.
To make the basket.
sc = single crochet.
You can use either
- 8 ply wool
- or try snipping plastic shopping bags into thin strips
- Use a 3mm - 3.5mm crochet hook.
- Cast on 3 stitches and join to make a loop.
- Round 1: 6sc in the loop and join the ends.
- Round 2: 2sc in each stitch (12 stitches)
- Work 4 - 5 rounds. Stand a small egg in the nest and attach a tiny Easter card.
- Crochet 10 - 12 chain.
- Fold the chain over to create a handle for the basket and stitch to the other side of the basket
- Decorate the basket as you wish.
- Stand a small egg in the basket and attach a tiny Easter card.
If you are not interested in crocheting the basket try making one with card and glue.
- Sew some tiny, glass beads on the basket for a bit of bling.
- Give the bunny an outfit using the body part of the template for a pattern.
- Make a worm by plaiting some brightly colored wool, sew a bead on the end for the head and weave through the basket.
Now that's was easy and crafty and you have a new Easter bunny. Make another one to give it a friend!
Check out my other Easter hubs
Please comment, share and email the link to friends and checkout the items printed in blue for my recommendations and links.