Easy Puffy Sidewalk Paint
Sidewalk Puffy Paint
This is a great project to get you outside creating art. Almost everyone has the ingredients necessary in their kitchen to make this simple puffy paint. It mixes up easily and quickly so the kids can help make it. I was able to split my paint into thirds and made three paint colors. I mixed primary colors: red, yellow and blue. All you need to make this is flour, water, dish soap and food coloring. Grab a bowl and make some paint!
- First measure out one cup of flour, mine was unbleached but it does not matter what kind you have.
- Add one cup of water and mix together.
- Then, blend in one tablespoon of dish soap.
- After everything is mixed well, I divided my paint base into thirds, you could probably divide into fourths for four colors if you like.
- Add about 10 drops of food coloring to each dish and mix in well, scraping the sides so it all mixes together. You can add more drops of food coloring for more intense colors, but 10 is pretty adequate.
- Grab some paintbrushes, get outside and decorate your walks and steps!
- Have fun!
Once you are done painting outside, bring your bowls and paintbrushes inside and wash right away. This project cleans up very easily. Your neighbors will appreciate the added beauty on their walks about town and it washes off when it rains!