Easy Ways to Draw Eyes - Realistically and in Anime
Drawing eyes can be intimidating but once the eye is broken into parts along with practiced, it becomes easier. Drawing realistic eyes starts with an almond shape whereas drawing anime eyes start with a line for the upper part of the eyelid and a line for the lowered part of the eyelid. Anime eyes also have pronounced highlights. Rounded shape eyes are created for heroes in heroines in anime while slanted eyes are created for villains or those with questionable motives.
- Draw an almond shape to represent the outside of the eye. Draw a small bump coming out the left end to represent a tear duct. Create a line above it to represent the eyebrow.
- Create a curved line above the almond shape to represent the lid of the eye.
- Create a circle and then a circle within the circle. Shade in the inner circle to represent the pupil. Add small lines curving up to represent eyelashes.
- Go over the lines to reinforce as needed and erase any lines not needed.
- Draw a curved line to represents the upper eyelid. Centered below this line; draw another line to represent the lower lid that is about half the size.
- Make a circle for the iris underneath the upper eyelid and extending down to the lower eyelid. Add highlights by drawing a small circle in upper part of iris and another small circle in the lower part of the iris.
- Create the pupil by drawing a circle that start at the top left side of the highlight and connects to the bottom highlight. Shade in the pupil but not the highlights.
- Reinforce the lines to thicken and add depth. Erase lines that are not needed.
Tip: Create slanted iris, pointed ovals, instead of circle for a more devious look.
- How to Draw an Easy Eye, Step by Step, Eyes, People, FREE Online Drawing Tutorial, Added by Dawn, Se
How to Draw an Easy Eye, Eyes, People free step-by-step drawing tutorial will teach you in easy-to-draw-steps how to draw "How to Draw an Easy Eye" online., Added by Dawn, September 23, 2010, 1:18:36 pm