Do it yourself Art - How to draw beautiful landscapes easily with pastels!
Five minute scenery!
Here's a way to create beautiful landscapes without knowing how to draw at all! Impress your friends and family by creating amazing scenery in five minutes. Follow me as I go through the steps. I used dry pastels, but you can do this with coloured chalks, or pencils, or even crayons.
1. Take some rough brown paper. Or newspaper. (This is a great way to resuse paper. You can finally make papier mache or something from it!)
2. Tear it across in a irregular line.
3. Rub a lot of pastel into the brown paper.
4. With your hands, or a piece of cloth, or another piece of paper, rub the colour on to the paper you're drawing on.
5. Remove the brown paper.
6. You get a lovely. misty mountain line or tree line!
7. Leave as it is, or keep doing it till you feel it will do.
8. Finish off with small touches of pencil, if you feel like it!
9. Show it around proudly!
You can think of other creative uses for this: cool wrapping paper, geeting cards, photo frames...
The one below I did for a card. Notice the misty mountains?
The picture at the bottom is the cover of a diary that I illustrated. Though the cover is done using coloured pencils, the insides were all done using my ragged paper method. The rainbow hued picture was done that way and is the endpaper of this diary.