CALENDAR CARDS - FIND A TREASURE TROVE IN OLD CALENDARS!
FIND A TREASURE TROVE IN OLD CALENDARS!
Have you ever gone to your card drawer to send out a thank you card and discovered you were completely out of them? How about realized that you forgot a friend’s birthday and your birthday card stash has been depleted of just the right one and you do not have the time to run to the card store? Unfortunately, this has happened to me more times than I would like to admit! But, fortunately, I came up with this easy solution.
1. Save your calendars from year to year.
2. Purchase from your local hobby or craft store a package of plain note cards and matching envelopes - (packages can be found in different colors and amounts – some have as much as 50 cards and envelopes)
3. Get out your scissors (craft scissors with different decorative scissor cuts work well) and some glue
4. Gather up various colors of card stock
5. If you are a rubber stamper or scrapbooker, even better – use your rubber stamping supplies to supplement your calendar photos and pictures
6. Unleash your imagination to create an easy, personal and special card – in very little time!
7. HAVE FUN!!
There is no limit to the creations you can come up with. If a relative or friend enjoys travelling, find a calendar with photos of vacation sites. If someone enjoys history, there are calendars with historical buildings and sites. Have a farmer in your family who loves tractors and equipment or a relative who enjoys classic cars…there are calendars for them as well. Animal lovers? No problem! Dogs, cats, wild animals, domestic animals, you can find calendars with any animal. The possibilities are endless and with a little bit of imagination and creativity you can design your own personalized cards. If you only have one or two calendars that you use each year, ask family and friends for their old calendars if they are going to throw them away. I’m sure they would be glad to share them with you and that will supply you with many different resources for ideas and pictures.
Don't forget your envelopes!! Often, you can find a smaller picture on the calendar page that coincides with the larger picture you used for your card that you can put on the outside of your envelope to match your card with your envelope. This little addition will make your creation even more unique and special.
Loved ones that receive one of your personally made creations will appreciate your cards for the personal touch, ingenuity and creativity, not to mention the time, which it took to make something especially for them.