Fish Bowl Comes Up Looking Rosy
A large glass fish bowl was collecting dust in an upstairs closet until a fun idea came to me to give it a new purpose. It'd been years since any gold fish swam laps around it's clear globe shape and more fish swimming in it were not in it's near or distant future. Scrubbed and sparkling again it was ready for a major transformation.
My vision was to see this fish bowl covered with nothing but roses and this is how I went about doing it.
- Collected flower catalogs and gardening magazines.
- Cut out roses and laid them out on a table playing around with color combinations.
- Glued the larger roses on the bowl first with a paint brush and Mod Podge.
- Covered the outside of the entire bowl with a collage of roses.
- Filled fish bowl almost to the top with packing peanuts.
- Arranged white silk roses into new rose bowl vase.
When the mood strikes change out the roses in the vase. So many different colored roses are displayed on the bowl the possibilities are endless.
- Collage Art Main Page
A website dedicated to collage art and collage artists. Various resources including bibliography, exhibition opportunities, workshop opportunities, and links to the websites of collage artists.
- Rose Magazine, Articles on Roses, Rose Forum, Rose Gardening
Articles on Roses, gardening information, rose forum, video clips and rose catalog. Gardening tips for all types of roses: old roses, antique roses, english roses and more.
© 2012 Laura Ross