How To Make A Bottle Vase - Easy Handcrafts
Hi Guys! Honestly, I am not really an arts and crafts person, but since this bottle art turned out to be pretty good I decided to share it with you all.
We often toss a number of used glass bottles into the trash or end up having so many of them over a period of time. You stand there clueless not knowing what to do with them otherwise. I was also in a similar situation recently until I decided to make something creative out of it. And if I can do this then surely anyone can do it. So this time try out this easy craft before you throw the bottle away!
Let's Get Started !
Firstly, make sure you have all the things handy so you don't have to run around looking for stuff once you have started. You will need the following items to make this beautiful bottle art:-
- Spray Paint G2100 (Grey)
- Any Glass Bottle
- Shoelace String
- Super Glue
- Stainless Steel Scrubber
- A Decorative Pearl Stud
- A Plastic Sheet
How To Clean The Bottle?
- Most of the glass bottles have stickers and labels on it which need to be removed. In order to do this you can soak the glass bottle in lukewarm water mixed with any detergent powder.
- This will loosen the labels making it easier for you to gently scrub the surface to get a clean bottle eliminating the odour as well.
- Take heed that you pat dry the bottle and dust off all the small unseen particles on it to keep the bottle’s outter surface smooth. This makes the paint to settle evenly on the bottle.
- Now before you start spray painting, take the shoelace string and glue.
- Then wrap the shoe lace string with the glue on just below the bottle neck thrice or more.(Check the image below)
- Ensure that the string is glued firmly to the bottle.(You can even use a rope or a thread instead)
- Press the shoelace against the bottle to make sure it does not move.
- Spread a plastic sheet on the floor if you do not have an outdoor space to spray paint the bottle.
- Insert your index finger inside the bottle in a way that you can tilt and rotate the bottle to spray paint it.
- Hold the spray paint 30 cm away from the glass bottle to spray. And as you spray rotate the glass bottle to paint it evenly. You need to spray paint on the shoelace string as well.
- Make sure that you wait for an interval of 2 to 3 mins before you spray paint the next layer on the glass bottle.
- It is recommended that you spray the bottle with several layers.
- This will give the glass bottle a smoothened and fine finish.
- Let the glass bottle dry for sometime. Meanwhile, take a stainless steel scrubber and cut a small portion of it as shown in the picture above.
- If need be apply glue in some parts of that portion so that it remains intact with itself.
- Now, stick this small portion in the front side of the bottle on the shoelace string. Make sure it doesn't move from its given position.
Step 5 (You're Almost There ! )
- Take a decorative pearl stud and glue it on the small portion of the stainless steel scrubber in a way that it stays firm and still on it.
- You can also use any other stud or decorative flower that best matches your spray paint color.
- Let the bottle dry completely.
You’ve done it!
I hope you will have fun trying out this beautiful bottle art. Go ahead and make endless color combinations along with various decorative items on your glass bottles of different sizes and shapes.
© 2018 MercBee