- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How To Make A Cute Gift Bag From A Brown Lunch Bag
Pretty Girl Waiting For A Party!
Girly Gift Bag
Here I am the day before I'm supposed to host a beauty party and I don't have any gift bags. I need the bags to put some samples in for the party-goers! I looked at the store, but I didn't like any of them. Too small. Too ugly. Too expensive! So, I just decided to make my own!
I just made this up this morning! I sat right down in front of the TV with my lunch bags, construction paper, and markers waiting for inspiration to hit. BAM! Fifteen minutes later, I was drawing me some faces!
I took some pictures as I made this lovely little lady so I could share this tutorial. Have fun!
How To Make Her!
- Brown lunch bag
- Construction paper
- Glue Stick
- Paper hole punch
- Trace and cut a circle out of construction paper. Tip: Take the item you are going to use to trace the circle and lay it down on the top part of the bag to make sure it won't be too big or too small.
- Cut out circle and put to the side for later.
- Next, with the smooth side of the bag facing you, fold over the top of the bag about 2 inches. Score top fold with a bone folder or something similar . I just used the end of the scissors.
- Cut the hair pieces by cutting the very top layer of the bag. Any design will do. I just cut 1/4 inch lines all across the edge and cut notches out on a few pieces.
- Use markers to color the fold. I started with yellow marker because I wanted blonde hair, but dark colors look better.
- Now get the circle of construction paper and put glue on the top that will slide under the fold. Just put enough to make it hold.
- Draw a face on the construction paper.
- Next, take hole punch and punch out 8 holes across the top fold making sure to go all the way through.
- Fill bag with whatever you want to give me.
- Lace ribbon through holes and make a bow and you're done!