- Arts and Design
How To Make A Glitter Solar Jar
I've seen tutorials for these solar jars online for a while now, but I decided to try one today. I found the solar stake at Wal-mart for only 97 cents and the glass jar was $2.97. I had the other items already. I love the glow the jar gives off. I can just imagine a room full of these or perhaps a row of jars outside on the deck or porch. You could even hang some from the trees! Use your imagination!
So, here's how I made my glitter solar jar! Have fun!
You Will Need:
- glass jar with glass see-thru lid
- solar light
- glitter glue (I used Elmer's 3D glitter glue)
- paint brush
- hot glue gun
- Remove solar top from yard stake.
- Remove glass lid and clean with a paper towel.
- Dab hot glue around solar panel making sure not to get glue on the panel itself.
- Center in lid and press down.
- Next wipe out the glass jar to remove fingerprints and other residue.
- Take paintbrush and dip into glitter glue.
- Paint glitter glue all over the inside of the jar using whatever technique you prefer. (I covered the inside with smooth up and down strokes at first, then I went back and swirled it around before it dried).
- Let everything dry then put the lid on and place it in a sunny spot so it can soak up that light!
- At night marvel at its prettiness! Oooo...Ahhhh...
Instead of glitter try these...
- frosted spray paint
- plastic flowers and Mod Podge
- colorful glass chunks
- tissue paper
Use your imagination!!!