How To Make A Personalized Clay Pendant ~ Quick And Easy!
Handmade and heartfelt
There's nothing quite like a handmade gift. The person receiving the gift should feel special because they were thought of so fondly. Anyone can just go buy a gift, but to make something for someone takes time and some thought.
I was looking through my craft closet today, and found some clay that I hadn't thought about in years! I knew instantly what I wanted to make, a pendant with the letter 'L' on it. My name is Lisa, so I'm making it for myself! I should feel so special!
Below is a tutorial for the personalized clay pendant I made today! These are very easy to make and would be wonderful gifts for Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's Day, or birthdays. Of course, if you want to make someone feel super-special, make one for absolutely no reason at all! A "just because it's Monday" gift! Have fun!
Here's what you'll need:
- Clay(I used Sculpey)
- Letter stamps(I didn't have any, so I used a bit of potato carved with my initial)
- Eye pins
- Paint and/or markers
- Sealant(I used Mod Podge)
- Ribbon or chain
Let's Get Started!
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Take a piece of clay, size doesn't matter, and form it into a ball. Rolling clay between your palms is the best way to get a uniform ball.
- Put ball of clay on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and push down with thumb or index finger.
- Stamp letter into clay making sure not to go too far.
- Next insert eye hook at top.
- Put in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Decorate with paint and markers.
- Seal with Mod Podge.
- String with ribbon or put a jump ring on the eye hook and use with a chain.
- Where pendant out on the town and get compliments!