How To Make Dangling Feathers For Jewelry Making
Feathers have been a part of fashion trends for awhile. You can make them into unique accessories and make a huge fashion statement. They can help make a pair of beautiful earrings. However, earrings are not the only thing feathers can be used for. Feathers can be used with making necklaces, bookmarks, hair charms, cell phone charms, and much more.
There is a lot you can do with feathers as you can see from the pictures.They can also make amazing gifts as well.The sky is the limit -- so let your creativity soar!
Jewelry Making Tools
- Round nose plier
- Flat nose plier
- Bent flat nose plier (optional)
Things You Will Need
- Loctite glue gel and liquid control
- Crimps/Feather Clamps
- Jump rings
I purchased the majority of my supplies at a craft stores such as Michaels and AC Moore.
I swear by Loctite glue. I use it on ALL my crafts over any other glue out there and it has held up magnificently. You can find Loctite glue at Target, Walmart, and Home Depot. I usually go for either the Loctite Super Glue Ultra Liquid Control OR Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel Control.
I used the 'Liquid Control' one in this project. However, if I could, I would've used both. CAUTION: The liquid comes out fast and it runs. You have to have a steady hand. The gel stays were you apply it.
Steps To Make Dangling Feathers
- Take the crimp/feather clamp and dab the inside with the Loctite gel glue
- Place the feather end into the crimp/feather clamp without overlapping the hole
- Stop the feather end right at the beginning of the stem of the crimp/feather clamp
- Use flat nose pliers to press close the crimp/feather clamp ends until the two edges touch making a triangle
- Dab Loctite liquid glue at the top part and bottom part of the crimp/feather clamp so that it seeps inside of it
- Place the feather down in way that the crimp/feather clamp is not touching any surfaces
- Let it dry fully before attaching it to anything
When the dangling feathers have absolutely dried, they will be ready to use. This is where your creativity starts to sizzle. Are you ready to make your own dangling feathers? They are easy to make and a surefire way to make an incredibly unique fashion statement.