How To Make Fun Flower Pens
Flower pens are something a lot of us have seen in offices, lobbies, and other places as such. We see them in stores, maybe even have gotten one as a gift. One thing that's always the same is that flower pens are fun, colorful and so easy to make!
If you have ever wondered how to make a flower pen, for whatever reason... making gifts, maybe because they are just fun to have around... read on!
Supplies You'll Need To Make Flower Pens
First you will need to gather your supplies, don't worry they are pretty basic supplies and you can probably find them currently in your home. If by chance you do not have all the supplies you need to make flower pens, don't worry, they can be found in almost any craft store and are very affordable as well.
- Pen(s) A style of pen that can easy be wrapped.
- Fabric flowers, big flowers usually look better in general. Having some leaves left on the flowers will make it look more realistic.
- Green floral tape.
- Wire cutters.
Instructions: How To Make A Flower Pen
Making flower pens is actually pretty basic as long as you know how to do it, and have the correct supplies. Making sure that you have everything before you start is always good, so after doing so you may read on to the intrusions.
- Start off by cutting your fake flower's stem down to 2 - 21/2 inches long, cut off access leaves keeping in mind how many you do want and that some leaves can make the pen look better and the flower more realistic. You will want to place the flower the bloom is resting on the top of the pen, and the stem being put against the pen. Some people will glue the flower stem to the pen before taping, but this is not necessary.
- Take the green floral tape and start wrapping the bottom part of the pen, start as close to the tip of the pen as you can without taping over the actual point to the pen, you are only trying to tape the handle. Tape from the tip to about halfway up the pen, covering completely with green floral tape.
- If you haven't already glued the flower stem to the pen this would be when we attach it to the pen. If your not using glue then you use the tape, firmly hold the flower stem along the pen and tightly tape it there.If you do not tightly tape the flower stem to the pen handle it will fall apart very quickly. The flower can wiggle and fall out of place. Finish taping up to the top of the flower blossom.. making sure that the entire pen handle is taped can make the pen look much butter then a badly taped pen... so use a bit of floral tape, don't hold back if you wan them to look good.
How To Make A Flower Pen, See It Too!
Tips For Making Better Flower Pens
Here are some tips that can help you make the best flower pens possible.. and save you some hassle.. :)
- Make sure all the pens work! To waste your supplies and take the time to make a flower pen then find out the pen is dry is terrible! Better safe then sorry.. so check the pens first!
- Rubbing your fingers up and down the new pen represent wear, and therefor can get rid of the sticky residue left over... wash your hands after doing so.
- Make sure you have all your supplies before starting. Getting all excited then finding out you don't have something is disappointing, check first!
- Share the fun! Try doing this craft with kids.. let them choose the flowers, or help wrap the tape!
- Have fun! Remember the more you flower pens you make the better the will look.
Uses For Flower Pens
Flower pens are great for a lot of things, the best thing is, they are easy to make, cheap and useful while they're at it, what could be better? Here's some ideas on what to use flower pens for:
- Party Favors
- Fun Décor
- Selling Online
- Anything You Can Think Of!