How To Paint Hair
Painting hair can be a fun experience. Hair painting is done with paint layering and blending techniques. There are many options available when painting. You can find a multitude of references and tutorials online on how to paint hair. You can find interactive tutorials on Youtube. Most of the tutorials follow similar instructions and techniques. My favorite site on hair painting is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfetFv5VoRo
This tutorial comes in a series and offers great advice on how to paint hair. View the other series on the site to get a better understanding of hair painting.
1) First, start by choosing the appropriate colors that you will use. Some popular colors are earth tones, such as blacks, browns, rusts, ochres and golds. Partially mix the colors if necessary. Allow there to be variations in the paint. This will give the hair look more realistic look with greater depth.
2) Decide what texture you would like your hair to have. You can either choose strait hair or curly hair. Strait hair is painted with a flat brush. Long strait hair can be painted in long strokes and short strait hair can be painted in short strokes. Curly hair is painted with a round brush. Paint the curly hair in lines. The lines should follow the shape of the hair.
3) For a shine on the hair, mix titanium white into the color. Use more white paint to give a darker shine and less white paint to give a less intense shine.
4) Add more highlights to the areas where the light touches the hair. Sketch out where you think the strands of hair will fall. For straight hair, use a flat brush and straight strokes. For curly hair, use a round brush and add waves and curls to in the direction of the hair.
5) Add lighter colors into the hairs. This time, use small strokes. Make them appear as single hairs on the head.
- How to Paint Hair on Canvas | eHow.com
How to Paint Hair on Canvas. It doesn't take much to paint hair. The greatest challenge you face will likely entail choosing the correct color. When you're doing this, experiment with the different hues to get the most...