- Arts and Design
How to Draw a Gray Wolf
The gray wolf also known as the timber wolf has features like a German Shepherd. The wolf’s coloring is a mix of gray and brown and other colors like white. They have a slender but powerful body and are strong for their size. The gray wolves’ head is large to body size with a wide forehead and small triangular ears. When alerted the gray wolf will raise their head but will otherwise carry their head at body level.
- Place an image of a Gray Wolf to use as reference somewhere that is easy to see.
- Lightly sketch a line that represents the Gray Wolf’s backbone. For example, if the wolf is standing the line would be horizontal.
- Lightly sketch in lines to represent the tail and legs.
- Draw in basic shapes such as circles to represent the head and feet, triangles for the ears and an oval shape for the nose and eyes.
- Sketch in the fullness of the body around basic shape lines. Adjust as needed using an eraser and redrawing.
- Add details like eyes, nails and hair re-adjusting as necessary.
- Trace over the lines using a pen and then erase all the marks not needed.
- A Plethora of Timber Wolf Facts: Description, Behavior, Diet & More
The timber wolf, also called gray wolf, is a beautiful creature that looks similar to a German Shepherd. Find interesting timber wolf facts, including where they live, what they eat, how many pups they have, how long they live and so much more!
"How to Draw What You See;" De Reyna, Rudy