- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How to Make Slime
Instructions on How to Make your own Homemade Slime
Every remember being a kid and playing with a big ball of gooey slime? Well here's how you can make it for yourself or your kids. Below is one of many "recipies" on how to make slime, and is by far the easiest.
NOTE that although the mixture is non-toxic and may look appetising to some, it's a good idea not to consume the slime.
- Borax Powder.
- PVA glue.
- Two (2) Bowls.
- Measuring cup.
- Food colouring (optional - but always more fun).
- Pour half a cup(120ml) of glue and half a cup (120ml) of water into the first bowl. If you like you can add food colouring, or alternatively leave the mixture white.
- In the other bowl, mix one one cup (240ml) of water and one teaspoon of borax powder.
- Slowly stir the PVA into the borax solution and knead until it becomes slightly slightly.
- Have fun with your slime! and store in a plastic container or zip-lock bag in the fridge.
How slime works:
When the PVA and borax solution are mixed there a chemical reaction occurs in the polymer in the glue, creating cross-linking bonds. This makes the glue bond more to itself rather than you or the carpet (don't tell your parents). Because molecules in the polymer are not fixed, they can be stretched with ease. You can experiment with the concentrations of glue, water and borax to make your slime more fluid or more firm.