How to Color Eggs Using Wax & Stickers.
Flower Image on the Egg
Why we started this egg decoration project.
When my son came home from school and he was so excited about making colored eggs. He told me that he saw some video showing how to color the eggs at school. This is a perfect time to start the project. Curiosity is the best energy for creativity. So, that is how we started this project.
And this time the project leader is my son. He showed me how to make the small holes on the egg's top and bottom and blow out the inside gooey stuff. He was so proud of showing me the step by step instructions.
Sometime let the kids take the charge on some project is good thing. That opportunity will make them having a great confidence. They will try to learn more to have the opportunity and eventually they will like to teach someone.
Even though he/she might not be the perfect instructor, compliment what they have done. Having confidence will make everybody go beyond their ability.
Things you need
So we start getting staff we think we need.
- Tool to make the egg's holes.
- Small bowl to drop the egg york.
- Tea candle
- Paint brushes
- Food coloring
- Cups and Tapes
- Water & 1 tea spoon of vinegar
How to color eggsClick thumbnail to view full-size
This is how we make the colored eggs
- Open the small holes with the pin on the egg slicer.
- Make the bottom side of hole a little bigger with skewer.
- Also break the yellow york with the skewer.
- Blow the air inside from top side of the hole. (Put some bowls underneath)
- The york comes out from the egg.
- Clean the eggs with water. (Use the warm water)
- Paint design you like with Wax using the paint brush and skewer. (It is hard to stay on the egg shell especially the egg shell is cold. Try to paint like placing the wax on it instead of make the strokes.)
- Put eggs inside of the colored water (added vinegar) in the cup for a while. ( It is up to you how long and how dark you want the color on the egg.)
- Since the egg is light, you need to keep the skewer and push inside the water. We used tape to hold the skewer.
- Take the eggs out from the cups, and take the wax off nicely.
We tried with stickers instead of using wax. It worked OK. We recommend to use thicker stickers, so colored water doesn't go through.